Fall is speedily approaching, and there’s so much to love about this time of year. Your mind may not be skipping ahead to winter just yet, but the cold season is actually coming up faster than you may expect.
Fall is the ideal time for home improvement and maintenance to-dos like deck repair in Mclean, Virginia.
If you start tackling these projects now, you’ll have plenty of time to get your home-preserved and protected before the winter season hits full force.
Fall Maintenance Before Winter
- Keep leaves off of your lawn with routine raking, and mow it for as long as necessary.
- Aerate and seed your lawn.
- Clean out your rain gutters and replace any that are broken.
- Schedule necessary deck repair in Mclean, Virginia.
- Weatherstrip your windows if necessary to save on energy use.
- Bring in and store outdoor furniture.
- Make sure your winter equipment like gas fireplaces and snowblowers work properly and have them serviced if needed.
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace dead or low batteries.
- Turn off outdoor faucets and unscrew hoses. This can help prevent pipes from freezing.
- Replace air filters as well as the filter in your furnace. You may also consider having your heating unit serviced.
- Prune shrubs and trees and trim any limbs that may be close to power lines.
- Drain and turn off your sprinkler system if you have one.
Deck Repair In Mclean, Virginia
DeckMaster can help get your home secure and ready for winter with deck repair in Mclean, Virginia—plus so much more.