In some situations, especially if your deck hasn’t been properly installed and maintained, winter can damage and threaten its appearance and structural integrity.
In the case that deck repair in Arlington is needed, DeckMaster has you covered.
Here are some examples of the most common issues we see that warrant professional deck repair in Arlington.
Winter Deck Damage
- Mold or rotting from leaves and other debris left behind before snowfall.
- Discoloration, fading, and mold underneath planters or pots sitting on your deck surface.
- Mildew growth that wasn’t prevented or removed with a proper deck cleaning.
- Scratches, dents, or gouges from shovels used to remove snow and ice.
- Salt or chemical damage to boards and metal hardware from ice-melt used on the deck.
- Structural damage when heavy amounts of snowfall on a deck surface—particularly when the deck hasn’t been constructed and reinforced properly.
- Punctures, dents, scratches, and splinters from heavy icicles falling onto the deck surface.
Deck Repair In Arlington
A couple of tips and tricks to help avoid damaging your deck are using a broom for snow removal and hot water to remove ice, and making sure your deck is thoroughly cleaned and sealed before the winter season. Also, be sure to remove planters, pots, and other items from your deck before rain or snowfall.
Preparing your deck before snow hits, then using the right tools and methods to care for it during winter are crucial.
DeckMaster specializes in constructing decks that are structurally sound and built to last, cleaning and preserving decks so they’ll last for years to come, and when needed, professional deck repair in Arlington.
We’re here to help this winter season and all throughout the year. Your deck is in good hands with the DeckMaster team.