MAINTENANCE TIPSRevolutionary PressureLess Deck Cleaning & Preservation System™ - Call Us: (240) 404-0207
Similar to how you take care of your vehicle, decks require special care to keep them looking nice for years to come. There are many things you can do to preserve the lifespan of your deck’s finish! The following are a few tips to help prolong the life of your finish:
- Sweep decks often, especially if there are trees around the deck.
- Hose wood down when dirt accumulates, however DON’T PRESSURE WASH!
- Don’t let dirt or particles build up in between the wood slots. This keeps water from draining, which can lead to water damage.
- If there’s a barbecue grill on your deck, clean up grease, oil and ash spills immediately to prevent damage to the finish.
- Don’t let snow sit on the deck for many days.
- Scrub down deck at least twice a year to remove clinging dirt and decaying matter.
- Under any circumstances, never use bleach or any chemicals to wash your deck as it may damage finish.
- And most importantly, schedule a maintenance cleaning and reconditioning with DeckMaster™ every 2-4 years. This time span will depend on the type of finish used to prevent your wood from suffering permanent damage.
Give us a call if you have any questions about maintaining your deck or fence!