Summer is quickly coming to a close, and now is the time to start thinking about seasonal deck maintenance.
Taking care of a deck is an ongoing endeavor, but there are particular things to remember for each season. Getting your deck winter-ready starts now, and DeckMaster can help as your deck maintenance expert!
After all, prevention is key when it comes to caring for your home. Your deck is hit with a lot throughout the year, including exposure to harsh weather, moisture, and damage.
Here are some steps you can take each fall to help make sure your deck lasts for years to come.
Routine Deck Maintenance
As the temperatures begin to drop and you start spending less time on your deck, apply the following deck maintenance practices:
- Clean your deck thoroughly. Getting rid of leaves, dirt, and other build up can help prevent damage and the spread of mold and mildew, too. It’s a good idea to have a professional clean your deck for you at least annually.
- Inspect your deck for rot and decay, and have it repaired before winter.
- Re-seal your deck to ensure it can withstand moisture, UV rays, and other elements.
- Look for and repair damage, or anything that compromises the structural soundness of your deck. This could include rusted nails, cracked, warped, or loose boards, unsteady footings or railings, and more.
- When winter does hit, clear off heavy snow using a broom so you don’t scratch or damage your deck finish.
When it comes to your routine deck maintenance, keep DeckMaster in mind! We’re here to care for your deck through every season.