Our Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Dear Valued Customer,
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, the safety of you and your family is our top priority along with the safety of our employees. The latest guidance from Governor Hogan was for all non-essential businesses in Maryland to temporarily close down. We immediately received confirmation from the State that Commercial and Residential Construction, and Hardware and Building Supply businesses are “essential”, and thus allowed to operate. This affirms the critical role we play in providing housing, and maintaining housing for our fellow citizens. This being said, we are open for business in Maryland, District of Columbia and Virginia. We understand this is a unique time for everyone, but please know that we are here if you need us.
Please be aware that our temporary hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM until further notice. As an extreme abundance of caution, here are a few things we’re doing to help minimize the risk of transmission:
- At our office we have isolated each desk station and sanitize and disinfect all office equipment, knobs, clipboards, and vehicles after each use throughout the day.
- Our staff is instructed to wash their hands every hour and use sanitizer when coming in and out of the office.
- Our employees are instructed to keep social distance from each other and not be shaking hands or share pens or any other office equipment unless sanitized first.
- We have restricted access to anyone outside of our personnel, and all delivery packages are instructed to be left outside our building and sanitized accordingly prior to bringing into the office.
- As usual, service employees will wear gloves and masks where necessary when working out in the field for their protection as instructed by OSHA. Also since they work outside they don’t need access to your home so there will be no exposure. We will not be collecting signatures from customers after each job completions. All communication shall be conducted via phone or email for your safety and convenience.
- Handshakes will be suspended when conducting business with our clients during the estimating process as well as during the project and keeping the recommended distance. Also, during estimates, we are not entering people’s homes at this time as an abundance of caution. Therefore, all estimates will be sent electronically to avoid physical contact during the estimate process to protect our clients as well as our employees. Sales personnel are also using sanitizer before and after each estimate as well as sanitizing his/her estimating tools accordingly.
- Employees showing cold symptoms are not allowed on site or out in the field and encouraged to work from home or take advantage of their paid sick leave if they are seriously sick.
- In the remote event that there is a complete lockdown, we will put jobs on temporary hold until it is safe to return to our normal duties or instructed by the government. We will not be asking for any payments during this period unless it is regarding a payment for a service that has already been completed. During this time we will still be available via email and phone for whatever you need.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. We have been in business for over 20 years and feel assure we will be here for you for anything you need. We feel confident that together we will overcome this temporary situation.
At this point in time, everything at our company appears normal. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update you if anything changes. Thank you for your business.